Online product tracking and audits for brands

As a brand, you may think you’re doing everything right. Your own website is top-notch, you have content providers delivering your product information to distributors and retailers worldwide and you may have even invested in A+ and Rich Content syndication for your priority SKUs on your main resellers. Great. You’ve thought of everything. What could possibly go wrong?

A lot. 

For example, you might review your top authorised resellers and find only 80% of your catalog is actually visible. What happened to the other 20%? 

You dig a little deeper and can’t seem to figure out why your products are not “above the fold” in their respective categories. Surely something is wrong. But what? 

Then, listed as product number 42, your product finally shows up. Better than nothing. But here is the next issue: the image gallery looks all wanky, the product tile is off and the product page is missing rich content. In other words, your product is completely misrepresented.  

20% of SKUs are nowhere to be found online according to a study by Bridgethorne. A further 20% of SKUs are found with inconsistent or incorrect data and yet another 20% of all SKUs are Out-of-stock Online. We don’t have to tell you how much this can hurt your business. 

There can be tons of issues when selling online and the worst part is, you only find out once a problem arises.  

Or, you could just “audit” your products and proactively address any of the mentioned issues. 

What is ecommerce auditing? Back in the day, brands used to have so-called merchandisers go out to stores and check if the products were in stock, nicely displayed on the shelves and marketing content was well visible. Ecommerce auditing is that kind of auditing, only online. 

It reviews your product placement, content quality, share of shelf and ranking among many other factors just like a merchandiser or a mystery shopper would. Once the audit is done, you receive a report that is easy to understand and simple to follow up with actions that need to be taken to improve ecommerce performance.  

How is this done? By crawling the etailers website politely and capturing desired information. The challenging part is validating the data captured and making sure you are only provided with precise and accurate data based on the following:

Of course, we can capture even more data if you know what you want. And if you don’t know what you want, we can help you figure it out. 

Ecommerce auditing is worth it for any brand selling products online through various resellers. If you’d like to learn more, feel free to reach out and we can set up an analysis of your top products on your main resellers. Especially now with Black Friday and the Holidays coming up. 

Thanks for reading! 

Marius,  Commercial Director at Detail Online 
costinas@detailonline.com